While living in Brooklyn, we had our first delicious arugula salad which we paired with our burger, from our neighborhood joint, Thistle Hill Tavern. Though the salad was simple, with just a few ingredients, it had a depth of flavor. A mixture of freshness, spicy, and tart, made this an unforgettable salad that we make till this day. It's our go-to topper to a thin margherita pizza, or any pizza in fact, to add some freshness to our cheesy delight. It takes four to tango.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 bag of Arugula
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a bowl mix olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add salt for flavor and mix.
- In a separate bowl place arugula.
- Toss the dressing into the salad.
- Top with parmesan cheese (optional)