Get your French pastry on with this savory Quiche recipe. Quiches are usually served during special occasions and parties, but who says you can't have it for breakfast. These bite-size quiches can be an easy morning treat. According to Wikipedia (because we all know everything on the internet is true), quiches are suppose to be eaten during lunch and dinner. Let's have fun and break the rules.
- 1 quiche crust that can be store bought or made ahead of time (we used a simple and delicious recipe from chowhound.com)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 oz or 1/3 cup of broccoli (cut into bite size 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1.5 oz or 1/3 cup of diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk (we used almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (add less or more depending on your tastebuds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes (reduce amount for less spice)
Makes 12 mini pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add olive oil and salt to the pan.
- Add garlic and onions and sautee until caramelized.
- Add broccoli and cook until soft and set aside (2-5 minutes)
- Whisk egg, milk, salt, pepper, paprika, and pepper flakes.
- Place dough into muffin cups equally each piece was 0.7 balls.
- Add broccoli to the crust.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup (we filled ours to the top but you can add a little less)
- Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.