Happy Valentine's Day!
We've come up with a cookie we like to call "Love Makes You Cookienuts". This cookie is inspired by love and all the other emotions it brings. We included a depth and galore of flavors. This may be a little emo for a cookie, but love is a deep emotion and this cookie has lots of it it. Love is sweet, it can make you crazy at times, and isn't always smooth, but when you find the right one you'll love them to pieces just like this cookie. Our cookie won't break your heart since it uses more heart healthy ingredients like coconut oil.
- 2 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, salt, baking powder, paprika, cinnamon).
- Using another bowl place coconut oil, butter, granulated sugar, cane sugar, maple syrup and mix ingredients with electric mixer until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs one by one and vanilla and mix with electric mixer.
- Incorporate the dry ingredient mixture and .
- Toss coconut flakes, almonds, and chocolate chips into bowl and mix all together.
- Take one inch pieces, roll, and flatten (we used a heart-shaped pan because love is in the dough).
- Oil a bakers pan and place all the cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on texture preference (for softer cookie bake for less time).