This recipe is for those days when we wish we had a magic wand like Harry Potter to instantly create a wizard's stew. Well, the next best thing is a quick and easy soup made using your trusty wooden spoon.
Don't you just love those quick and healthy recipes that you can just throw together, with no sweat, so do we? This recipe is packed with tangy sweet tomatoes complimented by earthy bitter flavors of kale. For a gourmet taste we added our beloved Gouda cheese...perfecto!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 pound of diced tomatoes
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of mushroom seasoning
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of diced Gouda cheese (we used Trader Joe's pesto Gouda for more flavor)
- 1 cup of kale
- Place vegetable oil and salt in saucepan on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes or until it becomes saucy (you can make this tomato sauce and keep in fridge before hand to save time).
- Sprinkle ground pepper and mushroom seasoning.
- Pour almond milk and water and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add Gouda and stir until gooey and melted.
- Place the kale in the soup and cook until soft.
- Pour soup into bowl and top with some grated Gouda.