Growing up in California, avocados were abundant. Anything with this creamy green nutrient-filled magical fruit immediately became Californian cuisine. To us, it was a delicious addition to crunchy homemade tortilla chips when paired with a steamin' burrito from our local Mexican taqueria.
- 2 avocados
- 1 oz onion
- 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno (crushed red peppers can be substituted or added for more flavor)
- 6 sprigs of cilantro
- 3 pinches of salt (add more or less to your liking)
- 2 dashes of paprika
- Cut avocados in half and take out seeds.
- Cut diagonal lines to the right and then diagonal lines to the left to make square/diamond shapes on the avocado (Optional: Scoop the half of avocado and dice).
- Mash avocado chunks (we like ours chunky so we like to leave little pieces for texture).
- Dice onion.
- Juice lime.
- Mince jalapeño.
- Mince sprigs of cilantro.
- Add salt.
- Add paprika.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.